ByCycling Business Internship
At ByCycling we developed an effective way to help companies get employees out of their cars and get them cycle. We created an easy autonomous cycling-recognition app that can tell when you are cycling and how much you are cycling automatically, without the need of even opening the app.
The app is linked to a bike stimulation platform to help organizations keep track of the data and to unlock incentive options for employees, such as cash incentives or extra vacation time, in exchange for their commitment to cycle to work.
We have been working with great companies such as Facebook and KPN, which helped us to test and validate our approach.
As you’ll be our first Business Support hire at ByCycling, you’ll work directly with our Co-founder and CEO to ensure that our business funnel, strategy, and market is well set. We’re a small team, so the person that fills this role will thrive on solving problems across the full-stack of the company — from customer discovery to data analysis, to go-to-market strategy— all in the name of making ByCycling a vital tool in our customers’ mobility and/or benefits options pool.
It is not important for you to have great Business Development experience, but it is important that you are a believer in the power of cycling, a world-class verbal and written communicator (Both Dutch and English), excellent at retrieving and analyzing data, and proactive and determined to make an impact on our customers and their goals.
- You will analyze the market and develop a clear business strategy.
- Work with CEO to define, optimize and execute all our sales strategies and activities (from lead generation to client retention) and manage relationships with medium & large-sized businesses.
- You care deeply about customer needs, the problems they face, and therefore the products and services we are building to solve them.
- Set up business development process (including KPIs, guidelines, etc.)
- Co-Development of sales assets, proposals and pitch decks.
- You want to build. You’re excited by the ambiguity of being one of the first people to be working in an early-stage company
- You are available to work at least 3 days per week
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience in B2B business marketing
- Experience with creating business relationships
Personal qualities we value:
- Hungry: for knowledge, challenge, action or result
- Articulate thinker: logic, consistency and sanity checking
- Team player: common cause above personal agenda
- Autonomous: self-starter, takes initiative
- Idealistic: dreams big, mission matters
What we offer:
- Fair Internship compensation
- Cash incentive compensation for commuting by bike to the office
- Chance to explore the Dutch startup ecosystem
- Chance to work in a dynamic workplace (startup style). Location: Dutch Innovation Factory, Zoetermeer.
- To work and learn from a world-class team and colleagues of serial entrepreneurs and ecosystem builders.
- Space for rapid professional development in an English-speaking environment
- Plenty of room for initiative
- Great atmosphere and culture where we celebrate achievements
Is this something for you?
If you recognize yourself in this profile, then we would love to hear from you! Send your CV and short motivation letter explaining why this is the job for you to email@example.com. If you have any questions before you want to apply, do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to give you more information.